Pinwheels are a great party idea. They make great finger foods and this healthy, vegan version of pinwheels is going to be my new party go-to dish to bring to my next function.
Cook Time: 20 mins
1 can chickpeas, rinsed (this equates to about 2 cups)
2 heaping tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1 lemon juiced
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon garlic
4-5 tablespoon water
2 large flour tortillas
1 large tomato, finely diced
2-3 large pieces of lettuce, chopped
6 strips tempeh bacon
To Make the Hummus
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse.
- Add more liquid if needed.
- Season to taste.
To Make the Pinwheels
- Lay one of the tortillas flat.
- Using the back of a spoon spread a generous amount of hummus all around the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with diced tomatoes, chopped tempeh and lettuce.
- Roll up nice and tight and using a serrated knife slice into pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Until next time,
Have a fit and fabulous day!