I love a sandwich just like the next person but I love it even more when I am eating one that is actually good for me and doesn’t make me feel like taking a nap later. The combination of beans, greens and artichokes makes this a well balanced meal that is quick and easy. You can have a deliciously healthy and satisfying meal in under 10 minutes. It doesn’t get much better than that!
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mashed white beans
- 2 slices whole grain or gluten free bread, toasted
- 3 to 4 store-bought marinated artichoke hearts, halved
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mashed beans on one of slice toast. Top with artichoke hearts and sauteed spinach. Top with second slice.
Until next time,
Have a fit and fabulous day!