‘Tis the season of fun, festivities, eating, baking, cooking and all sorts of things I love to do. Time, during this season however, is something we all wish we had a little more of. That is why I am all about easy-to-make, no bake, homemade protein bars. I have more than one recipe on this site for protein bars but these are the no-bake, chocolate version for those of you who haven’t tried. They are a wonderful dessert dish to bring to any gathering or to serve to your guests, but the great things about these bars is that they are the perfect go-to snack before or after a workout, or can be perfectly paired with a coffee when you are at home alone, having some down time. Did I mention that these bars are great to have around the house when you’re craving something sweet or chocolatey but still want to maintain your health?
- 1 cup of large oats
- 1 cup of ground oats
- 2 scoops of chocolate or vanilla protein powder
- 1.5 table spoons of cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup (approx) fresh shredded coconut (optional – reserve 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 3-4 squares dark chocolate (optional)
- Mix all together. If its still sticky add more ground oats.
- Form into bars and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Cool in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Optional – Lightly toast the remaining shredded coconut in the oven (or toaster oven) for about 15-20 minutes on low heat (approx 175 degrees). Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Melt a few squares of dark chocolate and spoon on to bar and top with toasted coconut.
- Chill in refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
- Transfer to air-tight container and store in the refrigerator
Source: Oxygen Magazine
Have a fit and fabulous day.