Marques and I gave up grains for Lent…and let me tell you, when there is already a huge list of foods you don’t eat, giving up grains is not an easy task. But you know me…I have never been one to take the easy road. If it’s not challenging, it’s not fun right? (NOT!) Anyway, back to what’s important and that’s this recipe and learning more and more about healthy and delicious ways to eat. The list is endless. Just when I thought I had run out of options, a new door opened and VOILA!! Who knew there were so many delicious ways to eat cauliflower???
I made these last week and let me tell you…it took everything in me not to eat the entire batch. I had to set some aside for the others and then walk away from the table. Luckily for me, my picky eater (my son) wouldn’t even attempt to try them so that gave me an extra two 😉
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Coconut oil (for sautéing)
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup spinach, chopped
1/2 cup nuts, ground (optional)
2-3 Free Range eggs
1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
any herb or spice of your choice, fresh or dry
sea salt & ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, chop the cauliflower until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a skillet, melt coconut oil and heat the cauliflower, garlic and onion until it browns slightly, 10 mins.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add cauliflower mix and the remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Place parchment paper on a baking tray and spoon mixture into rounds on to the tray. (You can can make them as big or small as you choose).
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until browned.
Source: I actually got this recipe on Pinterest from “Going Cavewoman”.
Until next time,
Have a fit and fabulous day!